Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) Mission
The purpose of SCC's TLC is to provide professional development activities, training, and other faculty support services to all members of the campus community. The TLC's mission is:
- to enhance innovative teaching and learning strategies that will emphasize student success indicators including retention/completion
- to develop learning outcomes and assessment strategies
- to provide applicable technology training
- to develop needs assessments
- and, to offer resources in other relevant areas
History & Contact Information
The TLC began programming in Winter 2017, so it is relatiely new to SCC. The TLC's coordinator is currently Angela Rasmussen, and you can contact her at 533-8011 or firstname.lastname@example.org. It is located in building 1/Main, room 1219 (inside the 1220 area of building 1, located on the east side of the second floor). Unless otherwise noted, all events are held in 1219.
Adjunct Faculty Support
All faculty and staff are welcome at all TLC events. Thanks to Title III Grant funding, adjunct faculty participation at TLC-sponsored events is supported during the 2018-2019 academic year. The quarterly stipend will be processed at the end of each quarter, paying the non-instructional hourly rate ($26.88/hour) for attendance of up to six TLC events. To receive the stipend, make sure to fill out the sign-in sheet and include your ctcLink ID. Direct any questions to TLC coordinator, Angela Rasmussen.