New: Winter Quarter 2018!!
You are invited to participate in a quarter-long conversation with other faculty about topics connected to classroom practices – everyone is welcome. To learn more about the topics and resources available, contact the group's facilitator or come to the first meeting of the group. Here is some quick info:
- Teaching Squares: The goal of this group is to observe and learn from the best resource we have – each other! These groups arrange for non-evaluative observations to spark conversation and discussion about teaching and learning. Facilitator: Tim Roe. First meeting: Thursday, Jan 25th, from 1:45 to 2:30pm (all are welcome)
- Book Discussion Group – The group is reading J.D. Vance's Hillbilly Elegy - please get in touch with the facilitator, Lou Dunham, if you would like to join this group already in progress.
- Classroom Technology – Technology can enhance learning in the classroom, no matter the class modality. Learn more about the tools and strategies for effective implementation with this faculty learning community. Facilitators: Tim McKean. First meeting, Using PowerPoint Effectively: Thursday, Jan 18th, from 12:30 to 1:30pm, and from 2:30 to 3:30pm (same discussion each hour, all are welcome)
- Online & Hybrid Courses - Teaching online or hybrid courses requires additional teaching skills and tech savvy. This group provides an opportunity to share practical solutions and explore best practices. Facilitator: Jason Eggerman. First meeting, Meaningful Interaction: Wednesday, Feb 7th, from 12:30 to 1:30pm (all are welcome)
- Active Learning/Student Engagement: Are you looking for ways to engage your students? If so, come join our COACH group where, together, we will explore ideas, engage in conversations, and collect resources or employ experts that will help create activities to bring your lectures and curriculum to life! Facilitators: Melinda Martin and Julie Litzenberger. First meeting: TBA
- Student Support –If your student is in need of support, and you could use some suggestions of resources (on and off campus) that could help them out with their situation, please contact facilitator, Linea Jantz. First meeting: Wednesday, Jan 31st, from 2:00 to 3:00pm (all are welcome)
- New Faculty – If you are new to SCC, join a group to learn more about college processes, classroom issues and anything connected to student success. Facilitators: Bill Rambo and Angela Rasmussen. First meeting, New Faculty Q&A: Monday, Jan 22nd, from 12:30 to 1:30pm (all are welcome)
If you have questions, get in touch with the group's facilitator or with TLC Coordinator, Angela Rasmussen.