What is ISAC?
ISAC stands for Instructor Signature to Add a Class.
ISAC – is the online form that replaces the paper registration form requiring Instructor signature to add a class to be used between the 2nd through the 5th class day of the quarter.
A paper registration form is still required to drop a class.
The 2012 CCS Enrollment Task Force was asked to evaluate and recommend improved management and collaboration of dated class waitlists. In the June 8, 2012 Report and Recommendations to the Chancellor, the recommendation was to launch the pilot and adopt ISAC – online Instructor Signature to Add a Class.
The current process to add students to class is paper-based. This online tool allows instructors to add students to their class, and is managed by the individual faculty member.
Major benefits of implementing ISAC are:
- The elimination of paper registration forms
- Convenient for faculty to exclusively manage adding students quickly online instead of using a paper form, while retaining the ability to communicate with students in-person or through email prior to approval to add a class.
- Instructors have immediate access and knowledge of all students who wish to add a class when receiving ISAC requests. ISAC is open after all waitlists have been closed once the quarter starts.
- It will save time for students, as they will no longer have to physically travel to classrooms and faculty offices to request permission and signatures to add a class. ISAC is open after the class waitlists have been turned off.
- If instructors approve an ISAC request, registration will electronically add the student to the class (if there are no blocks). Students do not have to stand in line with a paper registration form at the Registration Office.
- The ISAC form is also a convenience for students registering into online/e-Learning classes, evening or weekend classes.
The process is easy to use!
- A student logs into my Bigfoot Portal, selects Personalized Tools, and completes/submits an ISAC form.
- The ISAC notification is sent directly to the instructor indicating that there is an ISAC form waiting for approval
- Navigate to CCSnet, login, and click the ISAC button to view the ISACs students have submitted for your approval or denial.
Learn how to set up an ISAC button in CCSnet
View Instructor ISAC page to APPROVE or DENY a request
- The ISAC request disappears from this page when you approve or deny the request.
- You can contact or meet with the student before you approve or deny an ISAC.
- You have two additional days AFTER the 5th class day of the quarter, when ISAC stops accepting student requests, to approve or deny requests.
- ISAC requests still pending (no instructor action) after midnight on the 7th day of the quarter will be administratively denied the following morning.
Example Instructor View of ISAC
Here is how you access ISAC: set up your blue ISAC button for convenience!
- You must be an instructor teaching a course for the current quarter AND have had an ISAC request submitted to you as described above.
- Go to the employee portal (CCSnet) and login with your SID and PIN.
- You may also see a button labeled ISAC on the CCSnet home page (green arrow).
You can launch ISAC from the APPS menu on the left side of the page (purple arrow).
You can add the ISAC button to the top of your CCSnet home page by clicking Manage
Links (red arrow).
Click "Add Link" next to ISAC.
Return to your CCSnet home page and click the ISAC button to begin reviewing submitted ISAC requests.
Questions? Need help with ISAC?
Contact your college Registration Office or Registrar's Office:
| ||Registration Office ||Registrar's Office|
|Spokane Community College ||(509) 533-8860 ||(509) 533-7067|
|Spokane Falls Community College ||(509) 533-3500 ||(509) 533-3570|
|Institute for Extended Learning ||(509) 279-6712 ||(509) 279-6001|