In Class Topics for November 14, 2006
1. How can the United States and other developed countries help countries where water quality is so poor?
2. Where are the large aquifers around the world located?
3. Why does the development of sources of clean water cost so much?
4. Why do so many countries resist international agreements to control greenhouse gases?
5. How much do we really know about global warming and its causes?
6. What are governments doing to improve our knowledge of global warming?
7. Can global warming really trigger another ice age?
8. How does the destruction of plant an animal species relate to global warming?
9. Why do developing countries resist regulation of resources when global warming is such an important issue in the world today?
10. Could water and other natural resource issues lead to war?